Test Engineer Technical Specialist
Requisition Number: 264511
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 264511
Job ID: 264511
Our client provides mission-critical systems and communication support to key government agencies, ensuring the safety of the nation. If you’re looking for a position where you can make a measurable difference in the lives of others, our client is seeking a Test Engineer Technical Specialist to join their dedicated team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident with an active Top Secret Clearance.
What You'll Do:
- Utilize Selenium to track and best practices to perform as needed testing, to include: integration, functional, component, regression, system, and security testing
- Meet with clients and project teams to understand requirements to create a test strategy/test cases
- Always demonstrate flexibility to adhere to team objects; demonstrate creativity with testing ideas
- Review user stories, requirements and design documents
- Perform reviews and report and track defects on the developers' products
- Analyze and test to ensure that the functions of the system under testing meet established functional and non-functional requirements
- Design and execute automated test cases to support functional testing at the UI layer and regression testing
- Collaborate with Agile Team members, from product owner to analysts and developers, throughout the sprint duration
- Administration of JIRA and GitLab
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years or over all experience or equivalent
- 5 years of strong hands-on QA experience testing web sites/applications with functional work flow
- Experience with Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, Jenkins, Maven, Python, Linux, GitLab/Git, data generation, Scrum, and Kanban
- Firm knowledge of different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology and Waterfall
- Experience in Web and non-Web based testing including GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and Functional Testing
- Ability to analyze technical application documentation and identify potential testing and implementation risks
- Ability to communicate at both business and technical levels with the stakeholders and developers involved
- 2 years of experience with automated testing / test automation
- Proficiency in creating test strategy, test plan and test cases for web-based applications
- Must possess sharp analytical and excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with limited supervision
- Experience in administration of JIRA and Gitlab
- Willing to learn new technologies to improve testing processes and test automation
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts