Systems Architect, TS/SCI
Requisition Number: 264653
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 264653
Our client provides mission-critical systems and communication support to key government agencies, ensuring the safety of the nation. If you’re looking for a position where you can make a measurable difference in the lives of others, our client is seeking a Systems Architect/Technical Specialist to join their dedicated team. Architecture analysis and supporting products will be developed using the DoD Architecture Framework v.2 (DoDAF2) and the IBM Rational System Architecture (SA) tool across multiple time epochs.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Due to federal security clearance requirement, applicant must have an Active Top Secret Clearance (SCI Eligible).
What You'll Do:
- Developing DoDAF2 operational (OV), data (DIV), system (SV) and service (SvcV) view products in support of a National Cyber security enterprise architecture
- Utilizing architecture products to shape/inform solution requirements in support of acquisition objectives
- Aligning architectures to the customer’s strategic goals/objectives (roadmaps, mission capabilities)
- Performing architectural analysis and design using both structured and object techniques
- Creating new architecture designs and integrating new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks
- Identifying system-of-system architectural needs by drilling through all layers of embedded security within the given WAN / LAN architecture
- Applying external interface requirements to architectural products; documenting external operational and system data exchanges
- Evaluating architecture impacts in response to customer needs
- Developing architectural studies, presentations, white papers and other analyses, as required
- Communicating architecture baselines and demonstrating value to customers not versed in architecture principles; supporting review boards by evaluating artifacts for architectural compliance
- Providing engineering recommendations based on cyber security needs analysis
- Compiling industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs
Does this sound like you?
The successful candidate must have experience with architecture modeling, supporting methodologies, and notation set background across both structured and object techniques. This individual should have a strong understanding of DoDAF2 to include having practical experience in building various product views utilizing SA or a similar tool. Additionally, the candidate should have broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and be able to apply this experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
The successful candidate must be able to define, interpret and develop complex operational and system interfaces for large enterprise wide applications with support from senior domain engineers and/or government staff. The candidate will need to attend and brief engineering and architecture review boards, serving as a team member simultaneously supporting multiple system and segment developments across the community. Ideally, this individual will have broad knowledge of DHS and other Intelligence Community (IC) architectures and missions, both as-is and future vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or similar technical discipline
- At least 6 years of experience in system engineering or system development experience
- Experience developing DoDAF2 compliant products using IBM System Architect or similar tool
- Strong understanding of DoDAF2 to include having practical experience in building various product views utilizing SA or a similar tool
- Working primarily in Chantilly; however, must be willing to travel to Arlington, VA for customer meetings
- At least 5 years of experience performing architectural definition and analysis Knowledge of system engineering processes, particularly architecture analysis and evaluation of alternatives
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team setting; also able to self-motivate and work independently
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience with architecture modeling and methodologies
- Broad experience in the systems engineering life cycle and the ability to apply this experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development
Job ID: 264653
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts