Senior Firewall Engineer
Requisition Number: 302249
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 302249
Job ID: 302249
Eliassen Group is looking for a Subject Matter Expert in Firewall Engineering who holds an CCIE certification or CCNA/CCNP certification and has progressive working knowledge of Network, Security and Wireless technologies, specifically Palo Alto/Cisco Firewall, cloud intelligence, IP protocols, etc.
The Sr. Firewall Engineer should have strong leadership attributes in communication working with upper management, clients, vendors, relationship building, ability to mentor junior engineers, organizational skills, and strong attention to detail and exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills regarding complex security measures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with an minimum of 8 years’ experience as a firewall engineering consultant, outside systems engineer or similar role
- Experience testing, installing, configuring and maintaining security systems, including Palo Atlo firewalls, web application firewalls, cloud intelligence, IDP/IPS systems, VPN appliances and multi-factor authentication
- In-depth technical expertise in network defense technologies, forensic tools, and active defense technologies, cryptography, for intrusion detection systems (IDS) and prevention being Subject Matter Expert
- Assist in the definition of end to end security architecture for production systems, including security design analysis, risk management, deployments, administration, data privacy compliance, vendor and application security assessments
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP stack and troubleshooting tools, protocols, WAN/LAN, token rings, x.25, frame relays, etc.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment managing and overseeing large projects with ability to identify and diagnose advanced complications providing solutions under time restrictions
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts