New York, NY
Requisition Number: 265591
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 265591
Job ID: 265591
Our client is looking for a Statistician to join their growing team.
Who You Are:
- Strong background in hypothesis testing, regression analysis, statistics, or probability at the graduate school level or higher, as well as experience creating predictive analytics on high dimensional, noisy data
- At least 1+ years of experience and knowledge in the field of quantitative research and the specialized area of financial engineering, data science, or risk analytics as it relates to the securities industry
- Knowledge of financial engineering to develop, maintain and/or validate models used for forecasting, valuation, instrument and strategy selection, portfolio construction, and risk
- management covering a wide range of financial instruments, including equities, fixed income, currencies, futures, commodities, and/or derivatives
- Experience in developing algorithmic solutions, modeling and visualization of complex high dimensional data, large volumes of data extraction and manipulation
- Experience in variety of computer science subjects such as network theory and application, database and computation optimization
- Strong knowledge of advanced statistical methods, Bayesian learning techniques, pattern recognition and outlier detection algorithms, and predictive modeling methods including decision trees and random forest approaches
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts