Senior Oracle DBA
Requisition Number: 302915
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 302915
Job ID: 302915
Our client is one of the largest asset management firms in the world, with over 50,000 employees across 35 countries. They are committed to excellence for their customers and employees. Our client is dedicated to diversity and inclusion within the workplace that extends to their culture of social responsibility. They are currently seeking a Senior Oracle DBA to join their innovative team.
What You'll Do:
- Plan and execute database upgrades, patches, and migrations
- Provide off hours support during implementations and outages
- Ensure development and test databases are working correctly; work with developers to ensure enterprise and security standards are being upheld
- Implement Real Application Testing tool to capture production workload and replay the workload in lower regions to test critical upgrades
- Assist application development teams in planning, design, implementation, and documentation of Select Oracle environments. Develop database architectures that incorporate features of Oracle RAC
- Proactively monitor database performance and take necessary actions to improve throughput and stability of the database platform
- Troubleshoot production issues and clearly communicate the resolution to the stakeholders
- Work with Data and Business Architects to come up with optimal logical and physical database design
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience
- Expert-level knowledge and skill in Oracle RAC, including Cluster Ready Services and Automated Storage Management
- Experience with RAC administration, installation, configuration and patching
- Strong understanding of all aspects of Oracle 11.x and 12.x RDBMS
- Ability to troubleshoot production problems and performance tuning
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux OS, storage and networking
- Shell/Perl/Python scripting experience
- Motivated self-starter; able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and project management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to drive consensus
- Ability to articulate issues and work in a team oriented environment toward their resolution is critical
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts