Requisition Number: 294622
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 294622
Job ID: 294622
Duration: 12+ months - Contract to Hire
Location: Cincinnati, OH
As a Data Engineer, you will be a practitioner of advanced data modeling and optimization of data and analytics solutions at scale. We are looking for someone advanced in programming (Python, Shell scripting, Java, and SQL) and data base modeling, including familiarity with analytic algorithms and applications (like Machine learning).
- Willing to get your hands dirty, leveraging data types and various data models to enable a range of analytic solutions.
- You should be adept at leveraging such technologies for managing and manipulating data, scaling data models and solutions to support the analytics for business insights.
- Perform data discoveries to understand data formats, source systems, file sizes, etc. Additionally, may collect data delivered in various formats or from various systems (relational databases, FTP sites, file sharing sites (e.g. Box), external hard drives, etc.)
- Load data in numerous different compressed and uncompressed formats (gzip, zip, tar, json, csv, Excel, etc.)
- Create workflows for loading data on a scheduled basis using Oozie, shell scripting, SQL, etc., basic working knowledge of database design and admin, and ability to create technical design documents.
We are looking for leaders with 5- 10 years of experience, who have graduated with a BS or MS in Business/Management Information Systems and/or Computer Science/Engineering, Programming/Software Development, Operations Research, or Statistics.
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts