Requisition Number: 294622
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 294622
Duration: 12+ months contract to hire
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Rate: $55.00- 80.00/hr
As a Data Engineer in this role, you will be a practitioner of advanced data modeling and optimization of data and analytics solutions at scale.
We are looking for an expert in data management and data access (Big Data Apache Hadoop, traditional Data Marts, etc.), and someone advanced in programming (Python, Shell scripting, Java, and SQL) and data base modeling.
- Willing to get your hands dirty, leveraging data types and various data models to enable a range of analytic solutions.
- Perform data discoveries to understand data formats, source systems, file sizes, etc. Additionally, may collect data delivered in various formats or from various systems (relational databases, FTP sites, file sharing sites (e.g. Box), external hard drives, etc.)
- Load data in numerous different compressed and uncompressed formats (gzip, zip, tar, json, csv, Excel, etc.)
- Perform data transformations using Hive and Impala to optimize data retrieval process and performance.
- Create workflows for loading data on a scheduled basis using Oozie, shell scripting, SQL, etc., basic working knowledge of database design and admin, and ability to create technical design documents.
We are looking for self- starting leaders who have graduated with a BS or MS in Computer Science/ Engineering and have 5-7 years of experience with the following skills:
- Python, Java and/or R and packaging/build tools such as sbt, Apache Maven or Ant
- Demonstrated skills or familiarity with Big Data technologies (Hive, Impala) and NoSQL databases
- SQL, Oozie, Shell Scripting
- Azure framework (also multi-cloud integration experience)
- Understanding of Data Mining, Data Modeling, and Data Provisioning (acquisition, transformation and sharing).
- BI tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau) and practical implementations for various use cases (self-server and e2e integration)
- Proficiency of data modeling and solution scaling. #eg1989
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts