Data Cloud Engineer
New York, NY
Requisition Number: 303062
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 303062
Job Order: 303062
Our industry-leading client is looking for a Data Cloud Engineer to join its world-class team.
What You'll Do:
- Transform data from various sources and load it into platforms such as Hadoop to create a data lake
- Create and maintain transformations to summarize/aggregate data
- Contribute to the project planning process by estimating tasks and deliverables
- Help out with complex analytical tasks
Who You Are:
- 4+ years solid experience as a database developer in OLAP environment
- BS in computer science, math, physics or equivalent education/training/experience
- Experience with ETLs & Data Pipelines
- Experience performing QC & cleaning up dirty data
- Experience with “big data” platform such as Hadoop, NoSQL DBs or cloud based tools such as Amazon Redshift
- Experienced and comfortable with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Expert knowledge in SQL; knowledge of HiveQL, SparkQL, Postgress SQL a plus
- Expert in Python and shell
- Ability to work independently and take on projects
- Experience with media, Web analytics and consumer data systems will be a plus.
- Preference for prior technology or media company experience
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts