Senior Oracle DBA
New York, NY
Requisition Number: 302913
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 302913
Job ID: 302913
Our client is one of the largest asset management firms in the world, with over 50,000 employees across 35 countries. They are committed to excellence for their customers and employees. Our client is dedicated to diversity and inclusion within the workplace that extends to their culture of social responsibility. They are currently seeking a Senior Oracle DBA to join their innovative team.
Applicants must be willing to work on a W-2 basis.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for database upgrades and migrations
- Monitor database performance and take action to improve performance or stability
- Must be available to provide night and weekend support during implementations and outages
- Assist application development teams in planning, design, implementation, and documentation of select Oracle environments
- Develop database architectures that incorporate features of Oracle RAC
- Plan and execute database upgrades and patches
- Troubleshoot production issues and clearly communicate the resolution to the stakeholders
- Work with Data and Business Architects to come up with optimal logical and physical database design
- Ensure that the development and test databases are functioning properly and work the developers to make sure that the enterprise database conventions and security standards are being followed
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable experience
- At least 3 years of related professional experience
- Motivated self-starter able to perform well under pressure
- Able to work in a team based environment toward incident resolution
- Detailed, extensive knowledge of Oracle RAC including Automated Storage Management and Cluster Ready Services is a must
- Strong understanding of all aspects of Oracle 11.x and 12.x RDBMS
- Experience with RAC administration, installation, configuration and patching
- Ability to troubleshoot production problems and performance tuning
- Experience with Real Application Testing and SQL Performance Analyzer is a plus
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux OS, storage and networking
- Shell/Perl/Python scripting experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills are key as are project and time management skills
- Effective interpersonal and time management skills – able to build consensus/trust driven relationships
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts