Senior Network Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO
Requisition Number: 303157
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 303157
Job ID: 303157
Contract Length: 6 Months - Contract to Hire
Our client is a government integrator headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO. They provide valuable information technology support to key United States government agencies, including the Department of Defense. Our client’s innovation technologies enable global security. Our client is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join their valuable team.
In this role, you will lead the design, configuration, and setup of country-wide ISP-like IP network infrastructure.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree
- Considered an emerging authority/subject matter expert
- Experience with Juniper network devices like MX, SRX, EX Juniper series devices
- Design experience and hands-on configuration of Protocols such as MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Multicast, QoS, STP, VTP and VLAN’s
- Design experience and hands-on configuration of Gateway Redundancy Protocols like HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP
- Design experience VLSM CIDR IP addressing design and implementation
- Design experience and hands-on configuration of encryption and security solutions such as IPsec, VPN, Suite B, firewall rules, access control lists
- Experience with implementing and compliance with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS)
- Experience with Security lockdowns of network components in compliance with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS)
- Experience with Network troubleshooting techniques (CLI-based) and tools (Wireshark, tcpdump etc.)
- Experience/knowledge of the complete range of network design drawings used for specification, fabrication, assembly, wiring, inspection, and installation of equipment
- Experience leading teams composed of multi-discipline staff
- Motivated self-starter; able to work well with general guidance; creative in creating solutions
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts