Requisition Number: 303566
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 303566
Job Order: 303566
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager leads a 24/7 Data Center SOC team protecting this companies people, assets and reputation. You will lead, guide and direct daily SOC operations; in partnership with the Data Center Security Manager, the SOC Manager develops, implements and supports Global Security Operations, Data Center Security, and Crisis Management initiatives, processes and best practices to support strategic goals and drive performance metrics. Monitors events that have the potential to compromise the safety and security of personnel, offices, data centers, and corporate locations. Provides support to business partners and manages the escalation and communication of security issues to both field and HQ leadership.
Responsibilities of SOC Manager:
- Leads the SOC team on a daily basis in support of all designated SOC functions with little or no oversight
- Monitors key performance indicators, determines gaps in performance metrics, and recommends/executes change management techniques for efficiency/quality improvements
- Ensures SOC receives timely and effective training on all current and new technologies and processes
- Regularly reviews standard operating procedures and protocols to ensure SOC continues to effectively meet operational requirements
- Develops a deep understanding of operational risks and drives the response process in order to minimize the impact of these risks
- Influences and improves upon existing processes through innovation and operational change
- Develops and supports strategic plans and projects to meet Global Security and SOC goals and objectives
- Provides information and strategic guidance to leadership during incidents and crises
- Evaluates existing technical capabilities and systems and identifies opportunities for improvement
- 6+ years of work experience in an operations center environment (GSOC, SOC, Fusion Center, or similar 24x7 communications hub)
- Communication, time management, and decision-making experience
- Technical knowledge and operational experience with Security and SOC Technologies
- Linux experience
- Windows knowledge
- Akamai knowledge a plus
- ArcSight a plus
- ELK, Qradar, Splunk are a plus
- ServiceNow a plus
For immediate consideration and additional information please send your most updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts