Test Architect - DevOps (w-2’s only)
St Louis, MO
Requisition Number: 303698
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 303698
Contract Length: 24-month contract
Status: w-2 candidates only. This position is not open to 3rd party candidates.
Rate: The rate is $78.57/hr w-2
We have an excellent opportunity available for Test Architect to work on a two-year contract for a nationally recognized client in St. Louis, MO.
What You’ll Do:
The ideal candidate will have strong technical and organizational skills, and the ability to work across multiple teams to achieve results. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design and test infrastructure modifications to all environments
• Create and test adequate measures for capacity forecasting
• Create and test adequate monitoring for applications
• Make sure all Production and pre-Production environments properly reflect each other
• Responsible for Dev / QA / Test / CA / Production environments
• Collaborate with Dev team on architecture and design of environments
• Document proper Disaster Recovery procedures for all levels of the application for use by IT Operations teams
• Ensure that Disaster Recovery plan is tested annually
• Ensure the instance-level Disaster Recovery is tested 4+ times a year.
• Test promotion procedures
• Schedule promotions
• Build adequate test procedures to verify successful promotions
• Verify success of promotion
• Work with IT Operations teams groups to create more efficient deployment and promotion strategies
• Collaborate with QA
• Work with QA on QA environment design and “refresh” methods.
• Assist with implementing “refresh” methods
• Assist with automation if needed.
• Assist with QA when technical skills are required.
• Any other assistance as required
Product Development Support
• Function as a conduit between Product Development support and IT Operations support.
• All support reaching Product Development level goes through this employee. If a developer is engaged, it will go to this employee.
• Relay issues to QA after reviewing the issue and making sure proper steps are written to replicate the issue.
• Product Development level support for IT Operations teams
• Contact for IT Operations teams for Product Development level support.
Who You Are:
• A senior level engineer experienced in test engineering and testing strategy in DevOps infrastructure environments
• Octopus Deploy or other CI/CD solutions
• Skilled software administration and networking (understands concepts such as load balancing and firewall rules),
• Public cloud experience (AWS or Azure)
• Monitoring technologies (Splunk, Apica, SCOM, DataDog)
• Experience working in a heavily regulated or legislated industry
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group has been driving the success of our clients, consultants, and employees within Technology Staffing and Consulting Services since 1989. For over 25 years, we have been at the forefront of innovation by uniting talented people and quality solutions within successful companies to help them attain their business objectives. Our solution-oriented approach to understanding your needs ensures that we identify and represent the best possible talent available in the market, personally selected and matched to your requirements by our highly-tenured, extraordinarily capable recruiting team. Our consulting divisions include expertise focused on Agile, Biometrics & Data Solutions, Creative Services, Government Services, Life Sciences and Workforce Management. Eliassen Group is privately held and headquartered in Reading, MA.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts