QA Engineer - Trade Processing / Web Services
Requisition Number: 303960
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 303960
Job ID: 303960
Contract Length: 10+ Months
Our client is a Boston-based financial investment firm that serves over twenty million customers. They employ tens of thousands of individuals and manage trillions of dollars in assets. With almost a century of experience, this financial services company is an industry leader, both nationally and globally. Our client is known for being a great place to work, and they are looking for a QA Engineer - Trade Processing/Web Services to join their team.
What You'll Do:
- Review and understand system requirements and product specifications of Capital Market Systems, brokerage trading applications
- Work closely with business partners to assure a stable and high quality product
- Develop and create QA test strategies, test plans, and test cases to align with business requirements
- Achieve consensus on test plans and test cases with all business partners
- Ensure execution of test plans and test cases to validate business and system requirements
- Provide leadership in the research and resolution of system related defects
- Ensure approved processes are being implemented and carried out on all projects/programs
- Provide timely status updates to management and business partners
Who You Are:
- A background and understanding of trade processing is required
- Knowledge of trading systems
- Experience testing web services is required as that is a key to this position
- An understanding of Quality Assurance process definition, system delivery life cycle, and process execution skills
- Strong technical skills across mainframe and distributed applications
- Experience in working with multiple relational databases, Oracle, DB2, SQL
- Working knowledge of automation tools and processes
- Mainframe testing experience a nice to have (3270, TSO, JCL)
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts