Postgres DBA (learn GreenPlum)
Requisition Number: 294015
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 294015
Postgres DBA - learn Greenplum!
Job ID: 294015
The rate is $70/hr. This position is a 12-month contract opportunity. This position is open for w-2 or c2c. The location is Alpharetta, GA.
Our client, a leader in their industry, as excellent opportunity available for a PostgreSQL DBA to work on a 12-month contract position in Alpharetta, GA. This consultant will be trained in Greenplum database administration and will be responsible for providing working to support multiple Greenplum and Postgres database environments.
• Train in Greenplum database administration.
• Once trained, certify that all Greenplum and Postgres environments meet security best practices, and provide suggestions for mitigating any observed vulnerabilities
• Build new Greenplum an PostgreSQL environments as required
• Document all new and existing environments and create additional documentation for installations, upgrades, migrations etc. to match agreed-upon standards.
• Create shell scripts required for monitoring and alerting, as well as automating tasks day-to-day tasks
• Assure that all databases are being backed up properly and are recoverable
• Work with various user groups to gather requirements for new or existing environments
• Work with development teams to optimize load jobs and automate schema/table clones
• Create new roles, schemas, group roles and assign to resources as appropriate
• Assure that all environments are secured, patched per SLA and upgraded to new versions when released
• Troubleshoot issues as required and assist application teams when necessary
• Migrate multi-Terabyte databases from legacy servers to the new infrastructure
• Set up multi-slave Postgres streaming replication for revenue generation applications
• Participate in Disaster Recovery exercises
• Provide Greenplum backup/recovery strategies, including gp_dump, gpcrondump, gpdbrestore and pg_dump, and psql loading utilities.
• Provide Postgres SQL and Greenplum tuning.
Must Have Skills:
• 7+ years of industry experience with strong skills in Postgres database administration and Postgres SQL.
• Thorough understanding of best practices in implementing database security, installations and performance tuning.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly in production environments.
• Experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x or CentOS Linux 2.0.
• Experience with writing shell scripts (K-shell and/or Perl).
• Experience installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining Postgres environments
• Knowledge of system performance tuning database tuning.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar technical area.
• Strong communications skills (both verbally and written), and the ability to work with multiple end user and development groups.
• Greenplum DBA experience
• Ability to manage multiple projects and environments at once.
• Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
As a w-2 contract employee of Eliassen Group, you are eligible for our benefit plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and prescription drug coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield. We also offer a 401(k) plan with matching, direct deposit, and a referral bonus plan.
Please send your MS Word resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Also, please connect with me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/bencrosby/
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts