Software Development Manager
Requisition Number: 301813
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 301813
We are seeking an experienced and talented Software Development Manager to join a Research & Development team tasked with innovating mobile, web, product, and IoT solutions. In this role you will lead a team from ideation through production as a hands-on manager who leads by example.
- Responsibilities, in addition to development with the application, will include conducting code reviews, participating in Scrum meetings with Product Owners, establishing development best practices and managing daily workload of individual team members.
- 50/50 management versus hands-on development and leadership
- Managing a team of 10 (mobile, backend, QA, and devops) on one of the highest visibility teams in the company.
- Business Skills: This skill is paramount. You will be meeting with the business teams frequently. Each product essentially acts as its own Company with its own product owner, marketing, sales, and support teams
- Mobile: Need to understand the mobile lifecycle and how it differs from desktop development. You will be building mobile apps and adding new iterations and tools to their platform. The application pairs with tools to capture data and manage the tool. The backend is on AWS Cloud. Their mobile apps connect with hardware.
- Working with and integrating distributed/disparate systems.
- 2+ years previous experience as tech lead or team lead in an enterprise environment
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering in progressive roles and responsibilities
- Familiarity with public Cloud (preferably AWS)
- Good understanding of mobile (iOS and Android, hybrid mobile-web)
- Familiarity with Scrum processes
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts