IT Project Manager
Requisition Number: 304797
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 304797
Our highly regarded client is seeking an IT Project Manager to join their growing team.
This is a very long term contract with a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Responsibilities of the IT Project Manager:
- Utilize proven project management methodology to effectively execute major projects or programs, including communicating progress to key stakeholders regularly
- Collaborate cross-functionally for the entirety of the project, initiation through implementation
- Allocate resources, define scope, coordinate schedules, manage risks, and implement changes all the while minimizing risk
- Hold regular meetings with project teams including kickoff and close out meetings
- Serve as single point of contact for third party vendors
- Coordinate procurement activities with project team and contracting services department
- Actively maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and project management methodologies and tools
Requirements of the IT Project Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- At least 6 years of project management experience, including 5 years managing multiple teams at the same time
- Hands-on experience with both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Experience managing infrastructure, web/app development, and product deployment; delivering business and IT projects
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence decision-making
- General programming and system design knowledge
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Proficient in project management software - Microsoft Project Professional
- Ability to negotiate and use persuasion to remove obstacles and achieve project objectives
Job ID: 304797
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts