Director of IT
Requisition Number: 304912
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 304912
The Director, IT is part of the leadership team reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The responsibility of the Director, Infrastructure & Hosting Operations is to ensure that all technology systems, product platforms and applications operate effectively and to ensure the highest availability of our Cloud based Infrastructure. Additionally the role is also responsible for managing the Dev Ops teams and ensuring a smooth, fast, end to end automated deployment of product version for our clients. The role will manage an on-shore and off-shore infrastructure and hosting operations team and will be the primary interface with the Professional services, engineering and product leaders. The role will also be accountable for identifying ways to address existing infrastructural and operational issues that need to be improved for the stability and growth of the business. In the first 6 months the focus is on transformation of the internal technical operations teams by strengthening our infrastructure commitments to clients, addressing process gaps, developing an end to end Dev Ops strategy and driving costs savings via reorganization of teams, optimizing our Cloud footprint.
This is a full time, permanent position with a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
- Setup and manage global technology infrastructure and product platforms to ensure optimal performance
- Accountable for the success of the global ITO teams, with right structure, top talent, tools and within the given budget. This role will have responsibility for team members in a distributed onshore/offshore model
- Manage the operations portfolio and identify opportunities to reduce infrastructure footprint, standardize on tools and reduce costs of cloud operations while providing exceptional client experience
- To be the primary contact for all matters cloud, DevOps and IT operations globally
- Responsible for managing technology operations budget with a clear understanding of revenue implications of each product and tools with goal of continuous optimization of the spend
- Build a DevOps strategy that delivers faster time to market on releases, with high degree of automation and least dependency on manual labor
- Maintain status of all technology systems and applications and report on success metric such as utilization, reliability, stability and performance
- Work closely with the other leaders of the engineering team and with product stakeholders to co-ordinate release and maintenance activities with a DevOps
- Responsible for setup and management of the helpdesk for organizational IT support and business applications such as CRM, ERP, order processing
- Manage vendor relationships with regard to tools and systems used for monitoring, security, intrusion detection, operational efficiency etc
- Ability to drive forward within one’s own responsibilities but to be able to position that within the overall goals and a collaborative approach with peers
- A minimum of 15 years of infrastructure management and systems experience including cloud infrastructure, distributed teams, Dev Ops, budget management, enterprise architectures and technical solution development
- Strong cloud infrastructure experience – preferably with Azure, AWS, EC2 storage, cloud server management, Virtual Private Clouds, VMs on cloud, Enterprise Storage
- Sql server, VMware/hypervisor solutions
- Managing infrastructure that is distributed between data centers, hosted partners and public cloud
- Setup and management of 24X7 NOC, monitoring and infrastructure support
- Building and managing high performing teams
- Proven experience in driving transformation of hosting and Dev ops including consolidation
- Experience with strong change management and process re-engineering
- Demonstrated experience with driving improvements in scalability, robustness and performance of product platforms
- Sound and recent experience with sophisticated monitoring and management tools e.g. Dynatrace
- Strong communication skill with the ability to clearly articulate technology and infrastructure issues in business terms and a solid judgment on what information is needed by whom
- Strong technology skills around fundamental infrastructure management – Linux and windows administration, desktop/laptop support, networking etc.
- Experience of working with engineering and architecture on DevOps integration, continuous delivery systems, scripted builds etc.
- Strong strategic planning and operational thinking skills with metrics driven approach
- Experience with working with onshore/off-shore teams and partners in a global organization
- Strong relationship leader with ability to influence, and to work with peers in a modern technology leadership team
Job ID: 304912
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts