Requisition Number: 305343
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 305343
Our client is one of the oldest independent biotech companies in the world, with a commitment to innovation, excellence, and continual improvement of quality of life for people around the globe. They are currently looking for a IT Developer/Engineer to join their dedicated team.
Responsibilities of the IT Developer/Engineer:
- Work closely with scientists to understand scientific challenges, data needs, business needs, technology and software requirements
- Build and support a LIMS system for NGS data management and workflow automation
- Develop and establish best-practices in software LCM with code-reviews, version control, continuous integration and documentation
Requirements of the IT Developer/Engineer:
- Demonstrated ability in software LCM and Agile methodologies, web development frameworks (HTML/CSS, Django, AngularJS), Git versioning and visualization libraries
- Solid experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) environments, scheduling engines (SGE, LSF) and initiating and managing VM’s
- Expertise with common bioinformatics workflow management frameworks (e.g. Nextflow, snakemake), APIs (SOAP, RESTful), databases (Oracle, NoSQL)
- Experience with distributed computing (Spark, Hadoop), cloud computing (AWS, Google cloud) and app containers
- Experience with large scale data transfer over Internet2 and GridFTP
Job ID: 305343
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts