Configuration Management Specialist
Requisition Number: 265186
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 265186
Our technology-minded client is seeking a Configuration Management Specialist to join their team.
This is a long term opportunity with a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident with an active Secret Clearance.
Responsibilities of the Configuration Management Specialist:
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for tracking IT assets, and analyzing technical data from requisition through retirement
- Perform inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings of changes of physical location
- Perform periodic audits to include hardware and software licensing
- Monitor Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and coordinate discrepancies with the necessary stakeholders
- Create Configuration Items (CIs) and ensure data is properly maintained within the CMDB
- Provide input into continuing process improvements
Requirements of the Configuration Management Specialist:
- Solid relevant experience in full life cycle configuration management
- Experience implementing CMDB and conducting CI audits
- Experience using CM tools such as IBM Rational, BMC Remedy, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining configuration plans and procedures
- Experience drafting, documenting and training on processes, work instructions, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Job ID: 265186
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts