Big Data Engineer/Data Lake Developer - contract (3-4 Months), prefer local candidates
Requisition Number: 305503
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 305503
Our client is one of the oldest independent biotech companies in the world, with a commitment to innovation, excellence, and continual improvement of quality of life for people around the globe. They are currently looking for a Big Data Engineer/Data Lake Developer to join their dedicated team.
Contract Length: 3-4 Months; on-site in Cambridge, MA
Requirements of the Big Data Engineer/Data Lake Developer:
- At least 8 years of overall experience, with progressively complex experience in data engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in big data stack on HDP or similar environments
- Strong knowledge of large scale data applications
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands
- Experience designing and optimizing analytical jobs and queries against data in the HDFS/Hive environments
- Strong knowledge in Spark framework
- Expertise in Java, Scala, Python, Hive, MySQL or NoSQL or similar
- Experience building data transformation and processing solutions
- Experience with Bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands
Job ID: 305503
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts