DevOps Application Engineer
Requisition Number: 304521
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 304521
Eliassen Group is seeking DevOps Engineers focused on Application Development and Deployment in a Contract-to-Hire role located in Columbus, OH! As a DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for all software source code, configuration management, build and deployment process throughout the application development and delivery life cycle.
Responsibilities will include developing and maintaining application tools that build, deploy, automate and streamline the application delivery process. Ideal candidate will have a strong software development background with a solid understanding of underlying systems and technologies. You have a passion for programming and automation, but can also think of the business needs and where and how you can utilize your skills to help improve the current state of our applications and fulfill those needs.
Requirements of the DevOps Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering and 5 years of work experience
- Extensive experience installing, configuring, maintaining, tuning and administering Linux and Windows operating systems
- Strong proficiency in virtualization technologies, tools and practices (VMware ESXi/vSphere, Citrix)
- Experience with multiple DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, AWS CLI, Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of the workings of SCM tools (Git, BitBucket, Perforce, Subversion) and experience with source code management and CI/CD integrations
- Detailed knowledge of platform-specific scripting platforms (Linux/Mac BASH/KSH or Windows PowerShell) and associated coding skills, and advanced skill with at least two scripting language (Python, Perl, AWK, Groovy, Lua, Ruby, or other)
- Experience with micro services deployment and management
- Experience working in an Agile SDLC environment, and working knowledge of at least one Agile SDLC tool to manage workload (i.e. JIRA) and practices such as TDD and Paired-Programming
Job Order: 304521
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts