Lead Cloud Engineer, AWS, Financial Services
Requisition Number: 305659
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 305659
Our client is a Boston-based financial investment firm that serves over twenty million customers. They employ tens of thousands of individuals and manage trillions of dollars in assets. With almost a century of experience, this financial services company is an industry leader, both nationally and globally. Our client is known for being a great place to work, and they are looking for a Lead Cloud Engineer with AWS experience to join their team.
Responsibilities of the Cloud Engineer:
- Assist in the building of a new analytics platform
- Support a data migration to cloud (AWS)
- Create a framework for autonomous data acquisition
- Build data quality processes
- Convert data stores to the cloud
Requirements of the Cloud Engineer:
- At least 10 years of software development experience
- Experience building Data Ingestion on the cloud (Informatica, Talend, Glue, Sqoop etc.)
- Solid experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc.)
- Experience in at least one project with AWS
- Some experience with release automation and deployment (Jenkins, CloudFormation, Chef etc.)
- Experience in database (Oracle), ETL tools and application development
- Expertise building data lake on AWS sourcing data from heterogeneous sources
- Programming and troubleshooting skills (Python, Java, Scala etc.)
- Good Oracle SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Experience with multiple database technologies and SQL engines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to champion original ideas
Job ID: 305659
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts