MySQL Database Administrator
Requisition Number: 306032
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 306032
Our innovative client is seeking a MySQL Database Administrator to join their team of experienced Database Administrators.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity with an excellent benefits package.
Responsibilities of the My SQL DBA:
- Monitor, maintain, and administer MySQL databases
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support for issues relating to MySQL databases
- Support requests for unscheduled database backups and restores
- Help with customer implementations and upgrades
- Play an active role in weekly meetings
- Prepare and conduct system and programming tests requiring interfacing of hardware and software
- Ensure that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Create and update existing documentation of processes and procedures in support of administration tasks
- Participate in capacity management, expansion and growth planning
Requirements of the MySQL DBA:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience as a MySQL DBA in an always available production environment
- Basic knowledge of SQL and Linux, with the ability to write scripts
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making skills to determine appropriate action within defined procedures
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot database-related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space, and other resource contention issues
- Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with Agile development principles and practices
- Knowledge of high availability, disaster recovery and replication solutions and best practices
- Knowledge of Cassandra and MongoDB a plus
Job ID: 306032
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts