Junior Network Operations Center Engineer
Requisition Number: 306074
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 306074
Our client is a premier technology integrator with approximately 33,000 employees worldwide. With a strong commitment to supporting programs of national importance, our client is able to help solve our country’s most significant problems. They are currently looking for a Junior Network Operations Center Engineer to join their incredible team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Responsibilities of the Junior Network Operations Center Engineer:
- Monitor network, troubleshoot incidents, and document findings with a ticket
- Escalate issues of greater complexity to higher level staff
- Create and update SOPs documents
- Create and update diagrams for network topologies
- Prepare other documentation and presentation materials
- Implement network SOP according to plan
- Research industry best practices and make recommendations
Requirements of the Junior Network Operations Center Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; 1-4 years of addition related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Previous experience operating in a 24x7 environment
- Familiarity with ITIL/ITSM processes
- Experience using ticketing tools like Remedy, Service Now
- Experience using monitoring tools like Cisco Prime Solarwind, Monolith, Splunk, NWM, Graphana
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and understanding of network equipment, servers and applications
- Proven experience with Cisco appliance configurations, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Cisco Routers - (1700-7600 series); Cisco ASRs (1000,9000); Cisco Nexus Switches - (1000-7000 Series); Cisco Catalyst Switches - (1900-6500 series)
- VLAN-S (802.1a, ISL), Trunking , Aggregation (EtherChannel, FastEtherchannel, Gigabit Etherchannel, PAgP, Portchannel), 802.1d bridging, spanning tree
- LACP, PAGP, VTP (802.1q and ISL), STP
- Strong working knowledge of Layer 3 Routing Protocols - OSPF, EIGRP, & RIPv2, BGP
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and MPLS
- Good knowledge IPv6, IPSEC, HSRP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP
Job ID: 306074
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts