W2 ONLY Contract System Support Specialist
Requisition Number: 306176
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 306176
Our client is seeking a talented and highly motivated System Support Specialist I to join the IT Operations team. The System Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting daily operations of Tier I IT support, escalating to Tier II support if needed. The position calls for outstanding technical and communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company. The role is high visibility and high customer-touch, so an upbeat, positive attitude combined with a passion for delivering first in class IT services is essential to success.
Responsibilities of the System Support Specialist:
- Provide level 1 support for end users
- Responsible for new user setup, account creation and management, and laptop imaging
- Triage incoming tickets, resolving when possible and escalating if necessary
- Support/troubleshoot system issues related to end-user IT equipment
- Support/troubleshoot network issues related to desktop/laptops including VoIP phones
- Support commercial off the shelf software
- Support A/V equipment
Requirements of the System Support Specialist:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a help desk/desktop support setting required
- Industry certifications are a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 and Office 365 products
- Experience working with enterprise Anti-Virus technologies
- Experience working with enterprise Mobile Device Management technologies
- Working knowledge of Apple OS X Operating systems
- Working knowledge and understanding of network technologies like TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Ability to provide world class customer service
Job ID: 306176
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts