Mainframe z/OS Systems Programmer
Requisition Number: 306211
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 306211
Our well known client is seeking a Mainframe z/OS Systems Programmer to join their dedicated team.
Responsibilities of the Mainframe z/OS Systems Programmer:
- Responsible for the maintenance of mainframe systems with a goal of >99.99% uptime
- Update and maintain software on the mainframe platform
- Resolve system problems and act as a technical guide
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation for operator system training
- Maintain and test disaster recovery procedures
- Provide technical troubleshooting and resolution support for issues related to the Mainframe
- Perform system audits; Monitor capacity
- Provide off-hours support for Mainframe related issues as required
Requirements of the Mainframe z/OS Systems Programmer:
- At least 3 years of experience in mainframe systems programming, including z/OS operating system installation, configuration and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience with electronic data processing
- Extensive knowledge of the use and application of data processing equipment, including programming techniques
- Experience accessing hardware and software and advising superiors on the need for upgrades
- Ability to prepare clear and concise statistical reports based upon analysis and research of related data
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Job ID: 306211
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts