Big Data Architect
Requisition Number: 306324
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 306324
Our large government client is looking for a Big Data Architect to support organizational modernization efforts. This candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing Big Data analytic solutions on a Hadoop–based platform. You’ll refine a data processing pipeline focused on unstructured and semi-structured data. You’ll also support quick turn and rapid implementations and larger scale and longer duration analytic capability implementations. This is a not a teleworking position and due to government clearance requirements, only US Citizens and Green Card holders are eligible.
Requirements of the Big Data Architect:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of experience
- Experience in MapReduce programming with Hortonworks, Hadoop, and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) with processing large data stores
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, proactive, and innovative in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience with Amazon EMR, Amazon S2, Spark, and Red Hat IDM
Desired Skills and Experience of the Big Data Architect:
- Experience with R
- Experience with Python
- Experience with deploying applications in a Cloud environment using Ansible
- Eclipse and/or IntelliJ IDE
- Git source code control
- Maven - for dependency management/builds/testing
- Git and Bash scripting
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Confluence/Jira/Bitbucket)
Job ID: 306324
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts