Senior Software Engineer
Requisition Number: 305937
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 305937
Our client is a leading provider of higher education information and services to individuals and their families. They are committed to developing technologies to ensure students have all the tools they may need to succeed. Our client is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their dedicated team.
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Collaborate cross-functionally to fully understand system requirements and ensure their implementation
- Figure out ways to meet business requirements with low cost but highly reusable patterns
- Utilize cloud technologies for new application development, including microservices and AWS (Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB)
- Constantly seek to enhance continuous integration methods
- Ensure that application code adheres to industry and enterprise standards
- Support and coordinate with other technology teams
- Assist Project Manager with project planning
Requirements of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Significant, substantial Java development experience
- Expert-level understanding of the Java
- Expert-level OOD knowledge, with demonstrated complex implementations is required
- Must have broad and deep knowledge of Java/J2E, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Must have hands-on experience developing IaaS or PaaS applications in public cloud, specifically AWS
- Experience with DevOps tools, CI/CD and automation
- Experience documenting design and architecture artifacts and presenting artifacts for architectural review
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Test-driven development and continuous integration experience preferred
Job ID: 305937
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts