Requisition Number: 306939
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 306939
Our highly respected client is seeking a System Administrator to join their distinguished team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
This is a long term contract opportunity with a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Responsibilities of the System Administrator:
- Actively plan, develop, deliver, and maintain systems
- Design software/hardware requirements that meet program needs
- Assist in the procurement of software/hardware
- Required to consult and support a variety of projects and initiatives
- Provide technical support to users and solve user issues
- Plan upgrades and new infrastructure hardware procurement
- Continually reassess current systems and infrastructure for improvements
- Provision new research systems
- Develop appropriate and complete documentation
- Update system configurations as needed
- Maintain a heterogeneous computing environment
- Understand and operate within established enterprise IT guidelines
Requirements of the System Administrator:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a developer, SysAdmin, or in DevOps
- At least 5 years of experience in diverse OS and network environments (Windows/Linux/Mac)
- Experience in the development and support of virtualized environments (VMware preferred)
- Experience in VMware vSphere 5.0/6.0
- Solid understanding of networking and networking protocols
- Expert level Python, Shell, Go, C, C++ coding skills
- Experience in the development and support of test environments
- Solid knowledge of all networking layers/Linux networking stack
- Experience with server hardware maintenance and server provisioning tools
- Working knowledge of Ansible, Ceph, Drone, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
Job ID: 306939
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts