Requisition Number: 306965
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 306965
Our highly regarded client is seeking a highly experienced Security Specialist to join their team.
Responsibilities for the Security Specialist:
- Create, update, and enforce the information security policy standards, and implement processes to ensure security requirements are appropriate and incorporated into the business systems and infrastructure
- Perform security risk assessments of systems, applications, and networks to identify threats and ensure the effectiveness of existing internal controls in reducing risks
- Take the lead on the Security Risk Assessment program, including responsibility for implementing Policies, Standards, and Procedures
- Ability to align Security Risk Assessments with NISR CSF and other control standards as defined by IS Risk Management leadership
- Lead the management and configuration efforts of the Archer eGRC application framework with minimal direction from the IS Risk Management leadership
- Conduct interviews and assist the staff in combating potential security issues by using established processes and ensuring security requirements and guideline controls are in place
- Drive improvements to the current program, make recommendations to the IS Risk Management leadership, and provide well written and live eGRC assessment reports as required
- Collect data and reports from various sources, make logical inferences about the data, and publish findings
- Ability to develop tools and scrips to aid in data processing as it pertains to the eGRC program
- Construct and implement recommendations for process and procedural improvements
- Perform assistance in oversight of IS systems against defined controls
- Perform risk analysis and identify vulnerabilities and work with staff on remediation efforts
Requirements for the Security Specialist:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field combined with a minimum of 8 years experience
- CISSP Certification required
- An in-depth knowledge of information Security technology and the best practices and knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, risk analysis and risk mitigation
- Analytical skills with strong and logical problem-solving capabilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively explain complex concepts to others in simple terms
- Team player with the ability to share analysis and collaborate with the team on various issues
- Ability to work on a variety of work assignments or projects simultaneously
Job ID: 306965
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts