Requisition Number: 306966
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 306966
Our trusted client is seeking a highly experienced Security Specialist to join their team.
Responsibilities for the Security Specialist:
- Enforce established information security policies, standards, and procedures to ensure security guidelines and controls are incorporated into the business processes
- Perform risk assessments of systems, applications, and networks to identify threats and ensure proper controls are in place to reduce risks
- Lead the Security Assessment program including required HIPPA Assessment and Remediation processes with minimal oversight from IS Risk Management leadership
- Conduct interviews and assist staff with mitigating potential HIPPA issues by utilizing established and new processes and procedures while ensuring security requirements and guidelines are met
- Recommend improvements to the IS Risk Management leadership in order to improve the HIPPA program and provide well written assessment reports as needed
- Obtain data and reports from different sources, make logical inferences about the data and publish findings
- Develop tools and scripts to aid in data processing or other aspects of log and/or security research as it pertains to the HIPAA program
- Develop and implement recommendations for process and procedural improvements
- Review firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and enterprise anti-virus software
- Perm risk analysis by conducting vulnerability scans as requested to determine potential threats
Requirements for the Security Specialist:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field combined with a minimum of 8 years experience
- IS Security Specific Experience
- In-depth technical understanding of security related knowledge and the ability to apply it in a practical, timely manner
- Adept knowledge in Information Security technology and the best practices of network protocols, operating systems, risk analysis, and general remediation
- Analytical skills with sound and logical problem-solving capabilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to explain complex technical concepts to others in simple terms
- Ability to be a team player and share analysis and collaborate on problems
- Self-motivated with a drive to identify and resolve issues under pressure
- Ability to multitask and work on a number of projects simultaneously
Job ID: 306966
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts