Middleware System Administrator
Requisition Number: 306991
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 306991
Our partner, who provides information technology services to U.S. government clients in national security, civil government, and health care and public health is looking to add a Middleware System Administrator to their growing team.
In this role, you will be responsible for environment maintenance and upgrades, performance monitoring and reporting, troubleshooting and issue resolution. Responsibilities will also include administration of a wide variety of middleware components in a 24/7/365 high availability client environment and production support to include monitoring, troubleshooting, and triage.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Provide technical leadership across a variety of middleware components
- Sets technical direction for mid-tier environments
- Work with team lead and peers to ensure tasks are clearly defined and deadlines are met
- Perform complex systems administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Perform software installations and upgrades across development, test, and production environments.
- Collect and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems.
- Oversee and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Develop and maintains appropriate system documentation
- Senior level experience in the WebSphere family of middleware infrastructure (WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere MQ).
- Experience in developing appropriate monitoring and alerting processes within the mid-tier environment
- Experience developing custom operation scripts for day-to-day
- Willingness to provide evening / weekend support coverage as necessary
- Experience with Alfresco, ESG, IBM WTX, IBM DataStage beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Twelve (12) or more years of experience in working and leading middleware teams in a high-volume, mission critical environment
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts