API / Java Engineer
Requisition Number: 307092
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 307092
Our client is an international information technology and solutions consulting company. The company is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the United States through the delivery of innovative, next-generation IT solutions. They are currently seeking a API/Java Engineer to join their dedicated team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
All applicants must be willing to convert to Full Time Employee status.
Responsibilities of the API/Java Engineer:
- Own projects throughout the development life cycle to completion
- Develop and maintain systems, architecture, and integration documentation
- Support projects from design and development to testing and implementation
- Participate in post-implementation reviews to ensure processes are in adherence with coding specifications, support existing architecture and meet requirements
- Identify process improvements and enhancements to support existing business and IT processes
- Support API in a diverse programming environment (Java, C#, PHP)
- Develop expertise and maintain responsibility for the chosen middleware platform
- Help to establish an API-centric perspective
Requirements of the API/Java Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or 5 years of equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of progressive systems development experience using SDLC
- At least 5 years of experience with Java development and associated tools
- Experience with Middleware platform and ETL platforms
- Experience with relational database development such as MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Experience with creating and consuming REST API services
- Experience with other API services such as SOAP, XML-RPC
- Experience with MVC pattern in the context of web applications
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Experience with CI/CD tool such as Jenkins
- SVN and Git experience
- Windows and Linux experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Responsible, adaptable, accountable, with strong documentation skills
- Strong problem solving and service delivery skills
- Efficient problem identification and resolution skills
- Demonstration of careful attention to detail
Job ID: 307092
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts