Mainframe Programmer / Developer / Analyst
Requisition Number: 307240
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 307240
Our client is a global aerospace and defense company with locations in 43 countries. People around the word depend on our client’s products that range from combat vehicles to communications systems. They currently have an opening for a Mainframe Programmer / Developer / Analyst to join their team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Responsibilities of the Mainframe Programmer / Developer / Analyst:
- Develop system specifications in accordance with architecture standards to meet business requirements
- Write/update software specifications
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems
- Analyze and refine systems/procedures; convert to programmable format
- Creates logical data models based on functional requirements
- Perform QA review of specifications for internal and external delivery
- Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users
- Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems
- Create and update documentation for new or existing systems
- Monitor system effectiveness in satisfying user needs
Requirements of the Mainframe Programmer / Developer / Analyst:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent training and work experience
- At least 5 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience
- Advanced knowledge of COBOL programming languages and JCL analysis, as well as testing and debugging tools
- Motivated self-starter, able to work independently
- Capable of satisfying all application and technical questions
- Capable of resolving problems and following up as appropriate
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills; assertive and comfortable speaking in front of any group
- Clear and concise writing skills
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Medicare Claims processing knowledge is a plus
Job ID: 307240
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts