Agile Team Coach
Cedar Rapids, IA
Requisition Number: 307183
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 307183
Eliassen’s Agile Consulting Practice has an opportunity for an Agile Team Coach to join the early stages of our client's Agile Transformation. Initially you will be responsible for training, coaching and mentoring three new Agile Teams. You will be a key part in taking the client to the next level of Agile maturity across the organization.
Our client will cover travel expenses for the selected Agile Team Coach.
Responsibilities of the Agile Team Coach:
- Work with SMs to prepare for and share observations pre- and post every event (ceremony)
- Proactively reinforce good agile practices and principles behind them
- Understand application of “The official scrum guide” through experience
- Immediately identify impediments and anti (success) patterns and coach best way to resolve
- Enable agile practitioners to make good agile practice decisions on their own
- Stand up teams including team working agreement, definition of done, refinement of ready backlog creation, team room set up, metrics, training of aggressive practices
- Provide targeted workshops on subjects such as: user story writing, ceremony best practices
Requirements of the Agile Team Coach:
- 3+ engagements working with teams (7-10 team members) to accelerate adoption of good Agile practices
- Multiple experiences as the Scrum Master to stand up new teams to a level of team self-organization
- Training and mentoring permanent Scrum Master, Product Owner and team members
- Strong understanding and ability to articulate the business value of specific Agile Practices in relation to Agile principles (i.e. answer the question “why do we do it this way?”)
- Strong facilitation and diplomatic skills with the ability to connect with an organization to bring the right people to resolve impediments quickly
- Role as Scrum Master on multiple teams
- Role as team coach for multiple teams concurrently
- Flexible and proactive coaching styles mixing “Back of the Room” vs “Front of the Room” to ultimately accelerate adoption of agile practices
- A self-aware, active listener with a high-level of emotional intelligence who can build a rapport and trust with a team quickly
- Continuously maintains an agreement with all SMs working with on top 2 or 3 impediment solutions being worked
- Visibly supports SM in removing impediments, supporting good agile practices
Job ID: 307183
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts