Contract Postgres DBA needed in New Hampshire
Requisition Number: 307532
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 307532
Our client is a Boston-based financial investment firm that serves over twenty million customers. They employ tens of thousands of individuals and manage trillions of dollars in assets. With almost a century of experience, this financial services company is an industry leader, both nationally and globally. Our client is known for being a great place to work, and they are looking for a Postgres DBA to join their team.
Responsibilities of the Postgres DBA:
- Implement native open source Postgres 9.6 database software in a large enterprise environment
- Responsible for building in production and other environments (development, QA, performance)
- Implement Postgres 9.6 database monitoring as well as backup and recovery procedures across the organization
- Provide performance tuning of PostgreSQL database in ESX RHEL 7.1 environment
- Constantly interact across teams to understand their database needs
Requirements of the Postgres DBA:
- At least 3 years of experience in PostgreSQL
- Expertise in the installation of native Postgres 9.6 using development software extensions
- Expertise in integrating databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle) using Apache Kafka
- Expertise in database design, organization, users, and schema designs
- Experience implementing Postgres databases on virtual Linux server technologies
- Experience with Linux RHEL shell scripting
- Skilled in a PostgreSQL database access language such as psql
- Knowledge of Postgres database internals along with configurations
- Experience implementing tools to manage production
- Experience with performance/tuning options and tools and database utilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills
Job ID: 307532
Keywords: PostgresSQL, Postgres, DBA, Database Administrator, Database Administration, Postgres 9.6, Production, Development, QA, Performance, Oracle, Apache Kafka, Database design, Schema design, Virtual Linux Server, Linux RHEL shell scripting, psql, Performance Tuning, Communication, Presentation
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts