Tier 1 Help Desk Technician
Requisition Number: 307520
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 307520
Our client provides IT solutions for a range of industry leaders as well as key government agencies. They are committed to collaborating closely with their clients to fully understand business requirements and fully support organizational objectives. If you are looking to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a customer-centric approach, consider applying to be a Tier 1 Help Desk Technician with our client.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Responsibilities of the Tier 1 Help Desk Technician:
- Provide technical support for onsite and remote users, via telephone, email, and in-person
- Manage a database that supports the ticketing system
- Troubleshoot and drive issues to resolution, escalating to more senior technicians as appropriate
- Provide appropriate documentation of customer requests, actions taken, and follow up
- Keep customers informed of ticket status
- Follow enterprise protocol and SOP
- Document, update, and close tickets according to the SLAs
Requirements of the Tier 1 Help Desk Technician:
- Associate's degree in IT, Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Network+, or CompTIA A+ required
- At least 4 years of experience as help desk support staff
- Knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, mobile devices, and network technologies
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, MS Exchange, Active Directory
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent phone skills and customer service orientation
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
Keywords: Tier 1 Help Desk Technician, Troubleshoot, Customer Support, SOP, SLAs, Associate's, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Network+, CompTIA A+, Computer Hardware, Operating Systems, Mobile Devices, Networking, MS Office Suite, MS Exchange, Active Directory, Communication, Customer Service
Job ID: 307520
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts