Linux Systems Administrator
Requisition Number: 308051
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 308051
Our client is a premier technology integrator with approximately 33,000 employees worldwide. With a strong commitment to supporting programs of national importance, our client is able to help solve our country’s most significant problems. They are currently looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join their incredible team.
Key Responsibilities of the Linux Systems Administrator:
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and managing networks for a federal law enforcement agency
- Perform Operations and Maintenance on Red Hat Linux and current HP-UX operating system and corresponding software
- Transfer HP-UX systems onto Red Hat Linux
- Engineer and administer Red Hat Linux in support of Oracle databases
Key Requirements of the Linux Systems Administrator:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field and at least 12 years of relevant work experience or a Masters degree with at least 10 years of relevant work experience
- Desire to overcome challenges and expand skill set in an enterprise environment
- Passion for information technology and ability to problem-solve
- Previous experience working with web application hosting technologies, virtualization, and scripting
- Experience provisioning, managing, and orchestrating with automation tools
- Experience with web technologies and services such as LAMP and Java technologies
- Working knowledge of RDBM systems including Oracle, SQL, Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL
- Strong understanding of authentication and authorization technologies including LDAP, SAML, SSSD and Kerberos
- Cutting down on repetitive tasks by scripting using open source programming languages such as shell script and Python
- Experience working with virtualization technology including VMware, vSphere, and Citrix Xenserver
- Substantial experience developing tools and processes that provide support and information for technology service portfolios
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise standard methodologies including Service Oriented Architectures and Enterprise Architecture in addition to government frameworks
- Experience with storage technologies such as SAN and NAS
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with project teams and stakeholders across departments
- Understanding of email transport including SMTP, mail transfer agents, and mail security
Keywords: Red Hat Linux, SAN, NAS, SMTP, VMware, vSphere,, Citrix Xenserver, Oracle, SQL, RDBM, MySQL, LAMP, LDAP, SAML, SSSD, Kerberos, Project Management.
Job ID: 308051
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts