St. Petersburg, FL
Requisition Number: 308099
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 308099
Our industry-leading financial services client in St. Petersburg, FL is looking for a Systems Administrator to join their growing team. This is a long-term opportunity with a potential to go permanent with one of the largest IT employers in the state.
Responsibilities of Systems Administrator:
- Administers and manages complex enterprise technology solutions.
- Experience supporting complex proprietary applications
- Acts as primary support and central point of contact on large or multiple systems with significant impact across the firm.
- Extensive contact with internal customers, other technology professionals, and vendors is required to identify, research, analyze, and resolve system issues and problems.
- Manages and maintains complex systems.
- Performs implementations and upgrades in compliance with security guidelines.
- Ensures availability, security and integrity of assigned systems.
- Monitors systems, including setting alerts to maintain the stability of the environment and monitoring error logs.
- Troubleshoots or escalates issues as needed.
- Evaluates and identifies ways to automate, streamline, and improve day-to-day maintenance and administrative practices.
- Installs or coordinates installation of patches and releases on development, test, pre-production, and production systems.
- Ensures adherence to Service Level Agreements regarding application availability.
- Serves as central point of contact and as a liaison to other IT departments and vendors regarding installations, server maintenance, licensing and upgrade issues.
- Effectively manages communication between end users, vendors, and IT departments to solve production, pre-production, test, and t environment problems quickly.
- Creates and maintains accurate system run book for assigned systems.
- Maintains current description and documentation of application configuration, including tracking and documenting any changes to environments.
- Assists in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning on assigned systems.
- Participates in business continuity and disaster recovery planning, including assisting with fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans.
- 5 years of Windows System Administration
- Application troubleshooting
- IIS Administration
Nice to Have but NOT Required:
- Red Hat / Linux
- Experience working with the financial services industry
- Bachelor's Degree
Job Order: 308099
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts