Senior Network Engineer
Requisition Number: 308427
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 308427
Our client is a government integrator headquartered in Bethesda, MD. They provide valuable information technology support to key United States government agencies, including the Department of Defense. Our client’s innovation technologies enable global security. Our client is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join their valuable team.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Responsibilities of the Senior Network Engineer:
- Lead the design, configuration and setup of country-wide ISP-like IP network infrastructure
- Lead fabrication, testing/integration, and installation of Network points of presence (PoP)
- Support various design reviews, system integrations, and verification and validation testing
Requirements of the Senior Network Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree and 9 years of directly relevant experience; or, Master's degree and 7 years of directly relevant experience
- Lab management experience setting up a distributed network
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the complete range of product drawings for the specification, assembly, wiring, and installation of equipment
- Ability to apply pertinent military and industrial design and drawing standards as necessary
- Experience with Juniper network devices, routers, switches, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VoIP, wireless LAN/WAN, Multicast, QoS, STP, VTP, VLAN's
- Experience with network security, Suite B security concepts, routing protocols, and Gateway Redundancy Protocols
- Experience with Security lockdowns of network components in compliance with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS)
- Experience leading teams composed of multi-discipline staff
- Innovative, motivated self-starter with excellent troubleshooting skills
Keywords: Senior Network Engineer, ISP, IP, Juniper, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VoIP, LAN, WAN, STP, VTP, VLAN, Network Security, Suite B, Gateway Redundancy Protocols, Security Technical Implementation Guides, STIGS
Job ID: 308427
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts