ADA Compliance Specialist
College Park, MD
Requisition Number: 308266
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 308266
Our higher education client is dedicated to enriching the minds and lives of individuals through rigorous study and research. For over two centuries, they have provided a rich and diverse environment, allowing for the development of creative thought and innovative growth. Our client is seeking an ADA Compliance Specialist to join their team.
Responsibilities of the ADA Compliance Specialist:
- Conduct extensive research and evaluate media content in courses for issues related to accessibility
- Thoroughly investigate all questionable accomodations
- Review open educational resources/links for sensitivity to accessibility and disability
- Write instructions to make necessary accommodations
- Discuss and resolve issues associated with open education resources ADA review process
Requirements of the ADA Compliance Specialist:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required
- Knowledge of ADA issues, accommodations, and the law
- Solid critical thinking skills for the evaluation of educational resources relating to ADA/legal considerations
- Keen attention to detail to ensure accuracy and consistency in output
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal, and editorial skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities/projects concurrently
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of institutional practices and systems
- Ability to follow established procedures and work independently and efficiently
- Fluent technological skills – PC computers, software (i.e., MS Office, Google Apps), databases, content management systems (i.e., Equella), project collaboration tools (i.e., Trello)
Keywords: ADA, Americans with Disabilities Act, Compliance Specialist, Detail-Driven, Communication, Editing, MS Office, Google Apps, Content Management Systems, Equella, Project Collaboration Tools, Trello
Job ID: 308266
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts