Application Security Engineer
Requisition Number: 307717
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 307717
Our industry-leading client is seeking an experienced Application Security Engineer to join their dedicated team.
Responsibilities of the Application Security Engineer:
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identity security requirements
- Advise on application development processes to assess security requirements and ensure security controls are implemented as planned
- Work collaboratively on critical IT projects to ensure security issues are continuously addressed
- Help to manage application security audit findings and recommend ways to address sensitivities
- Research and assess new application security threats, and offer recommendations for remediation
- Monitor and support application security tools
Requirements of the Application Security Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field; or, equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience in application security, including penetration testing
- Understanding of Java/J2EE web application frameworks
- Thorough understanding of information risk concepts and principles
- Knowledge of and experience with developing and documenting security plans
- Experience with NIST and ISO security management frameworks
- Understanding of web services technologies (SOAP, REST, AJAX, XML, JSON)
- Strong facilitation skills and willing to represent enterprise interests at committee meetings/events
- Excellent collaborative, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
Job ID: 307717
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts