Requisition Number: 308569
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 308569
Our industry leading client is seeking an experienced Netezza DBA to join their dedicated team.
Responsibilities of the Netezza DBA:
- Provide physical database support for Netezza/Mako 4 and Mako 2
- Maintain database environment availability
- Optimize database objects for performance issues
- Perform client administration and processes support
- Perform query consulting
- Establish, maintain, and document any configuration parameters for DBMS, security, and DDL
- Participate in after hours on call duties as required
Requirements of the Netezza DBA:
- At least 5 years of experience in Netezza Performance Server database administration
- At least 5 years of experience in SQL programming and performance tuning
- Superior knowledge of Netezza architecture and internal systems
- Ability to support production DBA activities in the Netezza environment
- Experience in Linux shell scripting and crontab maintenance
- Knowledge of industry best practices and protocols
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills
Keywords: Netezza, Mako 2, Mako 4, Database Administrator, SQL, Linux, crontab, Database Management Systems, DBMS, Data Definition Language, DDL
Job ID: 308569
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts