Software Automation Engineer
Overland Park, KS
Requisition Number: 306542
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 306542
We have an exciting opportunity for an Automated Software Engineer who has experience with C#/.NET/Selenium engineering with our high profile client in Overland Park, KS.
You will be responsible for improving the automation coverage of key functionalities of the RSA Archer Platform. You will be on a small team of engineers focused solely on replacing manual test cases of existing functionality with API tests using the MS Test Framework. As a member of that team, you will have the support of a broader cast of engineers writing the same type of automation for new features. The automation tests will be a combination of class-based, Web Service, and REST APIs which will be added to an existing suite of over 1300 frequently-running API tests.
Responsibilities of the Software Automation Engineer:
- Review manual test cases in HP’s Quality Center
- Understand the code behind the functionality being described in the test case
- Leverage your C# and .NET experience to design and implement your API tests in an efficient and effective manner
- Understand that quality code is of the utmost importance
- Ensure that S.O.L.I.D. principles and other standards are being followed
- Work with the API automation experts to review your code before implementation
- Resolve any defects in your automation in a timely manner
Requirements of the Software Automation Engineer:
- Strong .NET and C# experience
- Selenium automation experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify general and redundant tasks in order to improve automation efficiency
- Ability to automate test cases to extent an existing API automation framework
- Visual Studio and TFS
- MS Test Framework
- Strong knowledge of APIs
- Agile development experience
Related Terms: SDET, Software Development Engineer in Test, Automated Software Engineer, Automation Engineer, Automation Developer, Automated Software Developer
Job ID: 306542
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts