CICS Systems Engineer
Requisition Number: 308529
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 308529
Our client is one of the largest asset management firms in the world, with over 50,000 employees across 35 countries. They are committed to excellence for their customers and employees. Our client is dedicated to diversity and inclusion within the workplace that extends to their culture of social responsibility. They are currently seeking a CICS Systems Engineer to join their innovative team.
Responsibilities of the CICS Systems Engineer:
- Responsible for the day to day management and administration of a large CICS production and test environment within a Sysplex mainframe environment
- Design, develop, test, document, and deploy CICS systems and application software enhancements/changes
- Create/modify CICS regions to support new applications or architecture re-engineering initiatives
- Analyze and resolve issues within the CICS environment, including both systems and software related problems
- Install and maintain CICS software and third party vendor software for a available and reliable infrastructure
- Participate in 24x7 on call support
Requirements of the CICS Systems Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with CICS installations, troubleshooting, maintenance, and migrations
- Ability to monitor and adjust CICS performance and utilization
- Experience supporting a SYSPLEX/CICSPLEX environment
- Ability to innovate solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Experience upgrading CICS/TS regions to newer releases
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience in the following: z/OS/MVS, JES3, VTAM, RACF, TSO/ISPF, RMM and other IBM and 3rd-party vendor mainframe software
- Understanding IP Port Sharing
Keywords: CICS Systems Engineer, Sysplex, Cicsplex
Job ID: 308529
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts