SQL Server Database Administrator
Requisition Number: 308234
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 308234
Eliassen Group is seeking a Senior Database Administrator with advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and associates utilities. This is a contract to hire opportunity in the Raleigh/Durham area.
Responsibilities of the SQL Server Database Administrator:
- Support operations and development for multiple SQL Server database environments
- Own, track, and resolve database related issues and request
- Provide performance tuning, backups, patching, and remediation of security vulnerabilities
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in accordance with enterprise Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure capability to meet business' Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Manage DDL scripts for multiple environments (development, testing, production
Requirements of the SQL Server Database Administrator:
- At least 5 years of experience as a DBA in a production environment
- Experience with SQL Server 2014+ in a Windows environment
- In-depth knowledge of MS SQL Server databases (transactional replication, performance tuning, optimization)
- Experience with database backup and restore, disaster recovery, and security
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server Engine for performance tuning and optimization (Inner/Outer Joins, Cross/Outer Applies)
- Expertise in database design, stored procedures, triggers, views, and SSIS/SSRS packages
- Experience with monitoring tools and troubleshooting database performance issues
- Ability to install and configure new servers and upgrade existing ones
Keywords: SQL Server, Database Administrator, DBA, Security, SQL Server Engine, Database Design, SSIS/SSRS
Job ID: 308234
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts