IT Systems Architect
Requisition Number: 308639
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id : 308639
Our innovative client in the Austin area is seeking an IT Systems Architect to join their dedicated team.
This is an exciting full-time, permanent hire opportunity!
Responsibilities of the IT Systems Architect:
- Provide strategic technical leadership for applications under development or major system enhancements for existing applications
- Liaise between development and IT infrastructure teams to deliver architectural solutions
- Facilitate Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Assess cloud readiness and present business case for cloud vs. on-premise design
- Maintain technology road-maps for the different business units of the organization
- Ensure that all activities are in accordance with all security, availability, confidentiality and private policies and controls
- Develop solutions for enterprise issues given requirements
- Participate on an on-call rotation
Requirements of the IT Systems Architect:
- At least 10 years of IT experience, focused on systems administration (preferably Linux)
- At least 5 years of experience designing and implementing critical, multi-tenant applications
- At least 2 years of experience developing and implementing multi-tenant architecture using container technologies like Kubernetes and Puppet
- At least 2 years of experience utilizing automation for system build and configuration management
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing and deploying solutions in AWS or Azure
- At least 2 years of experience implementing Enterprise Messaging Systems such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of operating systems, network hardware and software, storage systems, and cross platform systems management
- Knowledge of Postgres and MySQL database management
- Experience with Ansible, Bash, Powershell, and Python
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and influence others
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic environment
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
Keywords: Systems Architect, Linux Systems Administration, Kubernetes, Puppet, AWS, Azure, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Subject Matter Expert
Job ID: 308639
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts