Java API Developer
Requisition Number: 308338
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 308338
Our client is a Boston-based financial investment firm that serves over twenty million customers. They employ tens of thousands of individuals and manage trillions of dollars in assets. With almost a century of experience, this financial services company is an industry leader, both nationally and globally. Our client is known for being a great place to work, and they are looking for a Java API Developer to join their team.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Java API Developer:
- Design and develop enterprise-level web applications that performs well, is maintainable and cost effective, and meets business requirements
- Support product release activities in QA and deployment
- Provide recommendations on system solutions
- Serve as a solutions architect at the application level
- Research alternatives to drive innovative processes
- Update professional knowledge, staying abreast of current and emerging technologies
- Take ownership of project work
Requirements of the Java API Developer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- At least 5 years of experience developing multi-tier web applications in Java based technologies
- Excellent programming and debugging skills
- Ability to build complex web systems from inception/interface with existing systems
- Demonstrated success developing applications using MVC architecture
- Experience with TDD
- Hands-on experience with Service Oriented Architecture, building RESTful services, XML, JSON
- Experience with UML and designing/modelling complex software systems
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a collaborative Agile environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including technical writing and presentations
- Motivated, results-driven self-starter
- Ability to work well and thrive in a globally distributed team
Keywords: Java API Developer, MVC, TDD, SOA, Service Oriented Architecture, RESTful Services, XML, JSON, UML
Job ID: 308338
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts