Field Service Engineer
Requisition Number: 308841
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 308841
Our higher education client maintains a passion for excellence through technological and engineering innovation. They currently have an opening for [job title] to join their team. In this role, you will support computing and telecommunications resources for the academic, research, and administrative departments of the organization.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
- Deliver word class customer support
- Resolve any issues or escalate as appropriate
- Review trends in ticketing systems; work collaboratively to identify recurring problems
- Partner with vendors and internal teams to assist with root causes analysis and problem management
- Develop documentation for processes, policies, and procedures; manage overall scope of documentation
- Understand organizational mission and empower user base
Requirements of the Field Service Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IS, or related technical discipline; or, equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience supporting Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android platform, including issue diagnosis and resolution
- Strong diagnostic skills and knowledge of current technologies to resolve escalated customer complaints
- Experience with IT ticketing systems, ServiceNow preferred
- Experience with Endpoint management services and tools, preferably SCCM, Casper, Active Directory and VMware platforms
- Experience with Linux preferred but not required
- Ability to take ownership of technical issues and leverage resources to find the best possible solutions
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong project management and coordination skills
- Experience with ITIL and Agile methodologies
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written
Keywords: Field Service Engineer, Technical Support, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, ServiceNow, SCCM, Active Directory, VMware, Linux, Agile
Job ID: 308841
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts