Agile Team Coach
Requisition Number: 306582
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id : 306582
Eliassen’s Agile Consulting Practice has an opportunity for an Agile Team Coach to join our client’s Agile Transformation journey.
You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring in-flight Agile Teams. You have a key role in taking these teams to next level of Agile maturity and position them to scale with other teams in the business unit.
Client will cover travel costs.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Responsibilities of the Agile Team Coach:
- Work with Scrum Masters to prepare for and share observations before and after every event
- Proactively reinforce good Agile practices and the principles behind them
- Understand application of the client’s own flavor of Agile and all aspects of Scrum and Kanban
- Immediately identify impediments and anti (success) patterns and coach best way to resolve
- Enable Agile practitioners to make good Agile practice decisions on their own.
- Ensuring basic Agile Practice are in place to support effective delivery: team working agreement, definition of done, definition of ready, backlog creation and refinement, team room set up, metrics, training of aggressive practices
- Provide targeted workshops on subjects such as: user story writing, ceremony best practices, etc.
Requirements of the Agile Team Coach:
- 3+ engagements working with teams (7-10 team members) to accelerate adoption of good Agile practices
- Experience in several roles as the Scrum Master to stand up new teams to a level of team self-organization
- Experience training and mentoring permanent Scrum Master, Product Owner and team members
- Strong understanding and ability to articulate the business value of specific Agile Practices in relation to Agile principles (i.e. answer the question “why do we do it this way?”)
- Strong facilitation and diplomatic skills with the ability to connect with an organization to bring the right people to resolve impediments quickly
- Role as team coach for multiple teams concurrently
Keywords: Agile Coach, Team Coach, Scrum Master, Scrum, Kanban
Job ID: 306582
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts