Requisition Number: 306877
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id : 306877
Our highly regarded client is seeking a Network Engineer to join their dedicated team.
This position has a great benefit package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance for those who qualify.
Required Experience and Traits of the Network Engineer:
- At least 5 years of experience with Cisco technologies (routing/switching, unified communications, wireless, security, and data center design/operations
- Demonstrated proficiency in a technical work environment
- Outstanding documentation skills to clearly explain technical design, issues, processes, and assessments
- Ability to gather, document, and present customer requirements and articulate technical solutions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish professional working relationships across teams
- Motivated self-directed worker, with the ability to manage workload effectively
- Demonstrated history of delivering exceptional customer service
- Must be willing to participate in on call rotations including nights and weekends
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical discipline preferred; CCNP preferred
Required Technical Skills of the Network Engineer:
- Advanced understanding of networking concepts, including routing/switching, TCP/IP, VLANs, etc.
- Understanding of advanced networking technologies and solutions including IPV6, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, OSPF, multicast, policy-based routing, ether-channel, QoS, traffic-shaping, load balancing, VPN tunnels, WAN Optimization, etc.
- Solid understanding of network design and implementation in small to enterprise sized environments
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with Routing/Switching across Cisco platforms
- Understanding of advanced data center networking technologies and solutions including Nexus series data center switches, catalyst series switches, and WAN routers
- Cisco ASA and SourceFire experience
Keywords: Network Engineer, Routing, Switching, TCP/IP, VLANs, Cisco, CCNP
Job ID: 306877
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts